Da Kurlzz (real name Matthew St. Claire) is one of the 6 current members of Hollywood Undead.
Da Kurlzz is the drummer for the band. He doesn't often record vocals for the band, but does do a fair amount of unclean vocals. He was the 4th member to join the band.
- He picked his stage name because of his prodominant feature of curly hair. During the recording process of American Tragedy, his hair was especially curly. A lot of it was cut off and partially straightened during studio sessions for Notes from the Underground .
- His birthday is on April Fools Day (1st of April).
- He made a minor appearence in an episode in The Amanda Show in 2001 (episode 30).
- As an inside joke between the band, he is usually teased by the Hollywood Undead members and often called gay, especially by Charlie.
- He sang 'Chapter Four' with Avenged Sevenfold on a tour.
- He went through a scene phase when he was a teenager.
- He has a tattoo of his mask on his left arm.
- On his right arm, is a tattoo that says "LP". He is a fan of Linkin Park and also knows some of the members.
- He is a part of a group called 'Sunset Rat Pack.' Every member of the group has the name tattooed to them.
- He is also a host of the Sunset Rat Pack's radioshow. Two other members of the group, Austin Carlile from the band Of Mice & Men and clothing designer Tal Cooperman from CRSL host it as well.
- His Twitter account is "MattyKurlzz"
- His Instagram is "mattykurlzzla"
Songs he's featured inEdit
Da Kurlzz very rarely records vocals for HU's songs. He does, however, record a lot of backing vocals, most of which are unclean vocals.
- "California" (background vocals)
- "City" (unclean vocals)
- "Everywhere I Go" (background vocals)
- "No. 5" (vocals)
- "Paradise Lost" (unclean vocals)
- "Undead" (unclean vocals; background vocals)
- "Pain" (unclean vocals)
- "Knife Called Lust" (unclean vocals)
- "The Natives" (unclean vocals; vocals)
- "Tear it Up" (vocals; background vocals)
- "Been to Hell" (unclean vocals; background vocals)
- "From the Ground" (unclean vocals; background vocals)